The accreditation of higher education institutions in Bosnia and Herzegovina is a procedure that is provided to the Framework Law on Higher Education in BiH (iz 2007.) and that, among other things, quotes:
Framework Law ..., among other things, of the 4.1., article 49., gives the following:
4.1. The accreditation of higher education institutions
In the field of accreditation, agency (for Higher Education Development and Quality Assurance of Bosnia and Herzegovina) is responsible for:
– publish tender for selection of local and international experts for quality assessment and audit and giving recommendations on accreditation of higher education institutions, and their study programs (hereinafter: experts);
– establishing committees for determining a list of experts who meet the criteria of Article 48. bullet 2. this law. The Commission consists of five members, and one is a representative of the Rectors' Conference, one cantonal ministry, Ministry of the Republic of Serbian, Brcko District, and a representative of the Agency;
– delivery set list of experts for adoption by all ministries of education in BiH and the competent department of the Brcko District of BiH;
– appointment of a committee of experts, based on the proposal by the competent education authorities in regard to the selection of experts from the set list of experts;
– giving recommendations to competent education authorities on accreditation of higher education institutions, or a program, based on the opinion of the commission of experts;
– procedure and decision on accreditation and licensing of higher education institutions issued by the Ministry of the Republic of Serbian, cantonal ministries and the Brcko District, in accordance with Article 48. bullet 1. this law;
– conformity assessment decisions on accreditation with norms and criteria referred to in Article 48. bullet 1. this law and, in the case of a mismatch, recommendation to Management Board to take further measures, to measure the annulment of the decision on accreditation. An appeal against the decision on annulment of an accreditation by the competent education authorities before the Governing Board of the Agency;
– maintaining a state register of accredited higher education institutions;
– continuous availability on its website the list of accredited higher education institutions in Bosnia and Herzegovina and its publication at least once a year in “Official Gazette of BiH”, and at least twice a year in three widely circulated daily newspapers.
In the Herzegovina-Neretva Canton / County, in which the University operates Herzegovina, concerning the accreditation of higher education institutions implement the Law on Higher Education in Theatre / F (iz 2012.) and the Ordinance on accreditation of higher education institutions and study programs (iz 2014.):
The text of the Law on Higher Education in the CNT / F, in Art. 26. i 27. gives the following:
(1) Accreditation is a process in which the determined meeting the universally accepted standards and norms in terms of organization of work, of available space, material-technical and human resources, the quality of the educational process, study programs and qualifications, respectively, Titles granting institution, and resulting in the issuance of the decision on accreditation of higher education institutions of the Ministry of.
(2) In the process of accreditation of doctoral study program is determined by the fulfillment of conditions for carrying out scientific research, respectively, artistic work in accordance with the standards and norms.
(The process of issuing accreditation)
(1) The application for accreditation of higher education institutions to the Ministry in accordance with the Regulations on accreditation.
(2) In the process of accreditation Ministry, based on the recommendations of the Agency may:
a) issue a certificate (credential) on the accreditation of higher education institutions, respectively, study program;
b) identify gaps in meeting conditions, the quality of the higher education institutions, respectively, study program and set a deadline for corrective measures, except that after the deadline decision on the application and
c) issue a decision rejecting the application.
(3) Accreditation by the application under paragraph 1. of this Article shall be issued to the longest period of four (4) years after which it must carry out re-accreditation.
(4) Re-application for accreditation may be submitted after the expiry of one year from the ruling a request for accreditation denied.
(5) The accreditation process shall be governed by the Rules of accreditation by the Ministry.
The above Regulations, adopted in April 2014. godine, among other things, in Art. 18. quotes:
(decision on accreditation)
(1) Ministry based on the recommendation of the Agency and the report of the Commission of experts shall issue a decision on accreditation, which determines one of the following three outcomes of accreditation:
a) that the institution or program of study accredited;
b) that the institution or program of study conditionally accredited;
c) that the higher education institution or study program is not accredited.
(2) The decision establishing that the institution, or program accredited issued for a period of four (4) godine, a decision stating that the institution, or program conditional accreditation is issued for a period of two (2) godine.
(3) The decision establishing that the institution, or program conditionally accredited, must include the recommendations and shortcomings that the institution is obliged to remove the deadline stipulated in the decision.
(4) The decision on accreditation issued by the Minister of Education, znanosti, Culture and Sports of Herzegovina-Neretva Canton.
Dana 19. Dated December the decision on conditional accreditation of higher education institutions University Herzegovina, and the mail is delivered to the address of the University 30. prosinca 2016. godine.
A copy of the decision on conditional accreditation of higher education institutions University Herzegovina: